HELB offers an applicant various options for payment. This information is summarized below.
- Cheques/Cash/EFT/Standing Order ( by oneself or employer)
All payments are made to the Higher Education Loans Board to the HELB collection account in the following banks:
|BANK||ACCOUNT NUMBER||BRANCH||SWIFT CODE|
|Kenya Commercial Bank||1103 266 314||University-way||KCBLKENX|
|Family Bank||035 000 024 971||Family Bank Towers||FABLKENAXXX|
|Co-operative Bank||011290 612 228 00||University-way||KCOOKENA|
|Barclays bank||501 8216||Barclays Plaza||BARCKENX|
|Standard chartered Bank||010 801 826 4700||Koinange street||SCBLKENX|
|Equity bank||055 029 357 3408||Equity Center||EQBLKENA|
|National Bank of Kenya||010 016 039 1100||Harambee Avenue||NBKEKENX|
|Citibank||300 040 012||Nairobi||CITIKENA|
|Chase||0332 084 215 001||Delta House||CKENKENAXXX|
|NIC||1002 247 638||NIC house||NINCKENAXXX|
|Jamii Bora bank||0011 748 527 001||Koinange||CIFIKENAXXX|
- Mobile Money Transfer (M-Pesa and Airtel Money)
Using M-PESA, please enter HELB business number as 200800 and your National ID Number as your account number.
- Online Payment via HELB Payment Portal
To make your payment one needs to follow the steps below.
- Register an account with HELB online portal
- Once logged in, click on Online Services and then click on the Online Payment menu.
- Enter your National ID number as your account number
- Enter the amount you are paying and click Pay Now
- A payment acknowledgement will be issued once the payment is successful
- HELB will then issue an official receipt for the payment
- Pesapoint & Equity Bank ATMs
To repay your HELB loan through an ATM machine, follow the transaction process but ensure that you include your National Identity Card Number as your account reference number.
- Credit or ATM (Debit) Card (VISA or MasterCard Branded)
One may also give authority to HELB to make monthly debits or lump-sum payments directly from his/her bank account or Credit card. This is done by signing the Credit Card Authorization Form (CCA) and then forwarding the same to HELB. The VISA or MasterCard branded credit or debit (ATM) cards can also be swiped at HELB offices.
- A National ID number MUST be included as reference in all payments and enquiries
- Payments MUST be made by the 15th day of the following month for employers and within the same month for self-paying individuals
- For payments made directly to HELB bank accounts, the remittance form MUST be e-mailed to HELB at email@example.com
- The remittance form is available from the HELB website the link herewith http://www.helb.co.ke/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/REMITTANCE-FORM.pdf
- No payment can be accepted without the remittance form